1937 - 1942 - 1958
The Richmond Alumnae Chapter traces its history back to December 4, 1937, when the first formal meeting of the Beta Epsilon Chapter was held at the home of Grace Hughes. The chapter engaged in many community projects and sponsored its first Jabberwock in March 1938.
On November 15, 1941, members voted in favor of the Regional Director’s decision to form separate graduate and undergraduate chapters.
In 1942 the chapter was officially divided into the Beta Epsilon, the undergraduate chapter and Beta Theta Sigma, the graduate chapter. In 1958, the graduate chapter name was changed to Richmond Alumnae to comply with Grand Chapter ruling.
Richmond Alumnae Chapter is a part of Delta Sigma Theta’s Sorority, Incorporated South Atlantic Region.
Mary Elisabeth Johnson
Pearl Juette Johnson